2018 TOKYO IN TULSA
SKIT CONTEST RULES
INFORMATION: The Skit Contest is based on performance only. Enter this contest if you wish to show off your acting skills. Whether or not you made your costume has nothing to do with the selection of the winners. NOTE: If less than four entries are received, the Skit Contest prizes will be altered accordingly. In the event of this occurrence, the prizes for this category will be divided up accordingly amongst the “Best Skit” placement and the other contests.
- Anyone may enter in the SKIT CONTEST event, excluding Tokyo in Tulsa staff.
2. General Rules:
- The SKIT CONTEST is not based on quality of costumes. It is based on the performance given on stage.
- Store-bought costumes may be entered into this particular event.
- Costumes must cover at least as much area as a bikini—NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a family-friendly event.
- Keep the skit within a PG rating. Remember, as stated above, this is a family friendly event. This means: no cursing, no suggestive content, etc.
- Refer to Weapons Policy for weapons guide lines
3. Skit Contest Guidelines:
- Skits will have a maximum time limit of three (3) minutes—NO EXCEPTIONS. Skits that go over the time limit will be automatically disqualified from the competition.
- Skits will be judged during the judging session held prior to the contest. At this time, content of the skits will be evaluated, so be ready to revise your skit’s material if deemed necessary by the judges. Additionally, this will be an opportunity for entrants to modify their skits to fit the stage. If you wish to participate in this contest, the judging session is REQUIRED.
- PRE-RECORDED AUDIO IS REQUIRED. The audio must be digitized and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in MP3 format. Microphones are unreliable at the best of times, so it is better to have a backup that can be heard throughout the room.
- Winners for the SKIT CONTEST event will be announced alongside the winners of the MAIN COSPLAY and HALL COSPLAY events after the MAIN COSPLAY event has concluded.
- Winners will be asked to stay after the contest for congratulatory pictures.
- A list of winners will be uploaded to the Tokyo in Tulsa Facebook page.
***Rules are subject to change at any point prior to Tokyo in Tulsa 2018.